Accredited Naturopathic School in MichiganLearn the fundamentals and advanced techniques of homeopathy, holistic medicine, herbal remedies and so much more, and follow the path to your new career!Natural / Holistic medicine is growing rapidly as a practice, and by beginning your education at the Naturopathic Institute of Therapies and Education (NITE), you will learn from professional teachers and leaders who are practicing and teaching the most advanced techniques in the natural health sciences.With the accredited four year Naturopathic Health program at the Institute, you will graduate with the background to become a Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor. Our school is the first place to start your career as a Holistic and Natural Health Practitioner.
Earned CredentialsEach year of the four-year program, you will earn a new credential that can be used to start a practice as a natural health consultant. All students are encouraged to commit to the four-year program that will result in achieving the title of Certififed Naturopath (CN) from the Naturopathic Institute, opening the door to numerous career opportunities and becoming eligible to become a Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor.Click below the description of each year to learn more about the specific classes you will be taking.
Year 1: Natural Health Educator
The first year, you will be awarded your first credential as a Natural Health Educator. You will have a basic knowledge of essential oils, herbology, nutrition and developing a holistic approach to wellness.Year 1: Course Descriptions
Year 2: Natural Health Therapist
Dive deeper into the intricacies of the natural health field. Discover how the links between body systems affects overall health and dive deeper into complicated topics during the second year of your naturopathic medicine program..Year 2: Course Descriptions
Year 3: Natural Health Practitioner
After earning your credential as a Natural Health Practitioner, you will have advanced knowledge in naturopathic medicine. You will learn more about the use of essential oils, homeopathic remedies, the history of naturopathy and clinical herbology.Year 3: Course Descriptions
Year 4: Certified Naturopath
After earning your credential as a Natural Health Practitioner, you will have advanced knowledge in naturopathic medicine. You will learn more about the use of essential oils, homeopathic remedies, the history of naturopathy and clinical herbology.Year 4: Course Descriptions
Finding A Naturopathic Doctor SchoolEnrolling in the Natural Health Program at the Naturopathic Institute of Therapies and Education (NITE) is a great first step toward becoming a Naturopathic Doctor. Students committing to the four-year holistic / natural health program will be groomed with the knowledge, background and connections necessary to take the national board exam from the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board to become a Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor (ND).
What You Will LearnOver our four year naturopathic program, you will dive deeply into the different types of holistic medicine throughout history, homeopathic remedies and a broad approach to alternative healing. Here is just a taste of what will be covered in the holistic health courses at NITE:
- Beginning and Advanced Essential Oils: Essential oils are distilled from plants and used in a wide variety of healing practices from aromatherapy to diluting with carrier oils and applied to the skin. You will learn how plants are harvested, how to distill your own essential oils and proper physical and emotional application techniques.
- Beginning and Advanced Reflexology and Meridian Clearing: You will learn the proper way to utilize the more than 7,200 nerve endings found in the human hand, every one of which can be traced back to a specific organ and tissue. You will learn to synthesize this practice with flower remedies and essential oils for powerful healing.
- The Elements at the Basis of Natural Healing: All life is made up of essential building blocks. You will learn about these fundamental elements and how to use homeopathic and holistic remedies to address deficiencies and promote wellness.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology: Learn the intricacies of the human body, from its musculature to how disease in different areas of the body can affect seemingly-unrelated systems in surprising ways. You will learn about the roots of disease, how to identify and address symptoms in the human body as well as bodywork techniques such as myofascial release, CranioSacral bodywork and manual lymphatic drain.
- Field and Classroom Herbology: You will learn advanced techniques for the application and use of healing herbs. Come away with techniques for creating herbal tinctures, cold infusions, syrups, salves, how and when to harvest as well as methods for identifying these healing herbs in the wild.